hos-chronik-chronicle-navi.jpg

Milestones out of the Chronicle

1946  Founding of Hoffmann Elektrokohle
1958  Acquisition of the current production location at Steeg
1967  Start of the development of carbon collectors bonded on aluminium carriers
1974  Beginning of the series production of starter carbon brushes
1986  Start of a complete modernization program
1988  Implementation of a modern quality management system
1993  Founding of Hoffmann Carbon Inc. Bradford (Pennsylvania, USA)
1995  Founding of Hoffmann Carbon Kft. in Csesztreg (Hungary)
1996  Certification of the production at Steeg according to DIN ISO 9001 and
certification of the production at Csesztreg according to DIN ISO 9002
50 YEARS HOFFMANN ELEKTROKOHLE
1998  Certification according to QS 9000
1999  Transformation into a limited company and
integration into the Schunk Group
2004  Closure of the Bradford location; consolidation of activities at the Milwaukee Schunk location
2004  Certification of all Hoffmann & Co companies according to
ISO/TS 16949:2002 and
ISO 90001:2000
2006  New development center in Steeg
2007  Founding of Hoffmann Carbon KK in Yokohama (Japan)
2009  Diversification and expansion of our product portfolio
2010  Transfer of responsibility for Schunk Automotive to Hoffmann & Co Elektrokohle AG
2011  Certification according to the environmental management system
ISO 14001:2004
2012  Modernisation of our mixing facility for metal carbon mixtures by the use of fully automatic weighing and mixing processes
2013  Certification according to IRIS (International Railway Industrie Standard)
2014  Increase in production area in Bad Goisern (additional 2.200 m²)
2015  New company name: Schunk Hoffmann Carbon Technology AG